A new ISAN System has been released in 2020. The ISAN schema has been improved notably for episodic works and versions. Some of these changes are in conflict with the current version of the API, and therefore some temporary limitations apply to the ISAN API, read more New ISAN System: Important note to API users
A new major version 3.0 of the API that fully support the updated ISAN schema is currently in preparation. The beta version of API 3.0 is scheduled for release in the course of September 2020.
All ISAN API services are documented in ISAN API - developper guide (v1.4), however, with the release of the new ISAN System this document is now outdated.
For up-to-date information on the ISAN API, please refer to the following guides (updated after launching the new ISAN system):
- ISAN API - Introduction
- ISAN API : Data Types, data types used by the API, it assumes that the reader is familiar with the ISAN Schema
- ISAN API Authentication : How the authentication in the ISAN API works
- ISAN API lookup service : Resolve ISAN numbers or linked IDs in the ISAN Registry
- ISAN API query search service : Search service in the ISAN Registry
Complementary guides for signed-in users:
- How tu use the API search service? : guidance for searching the ISAN Registry
- How to use the API to validate the check digits or to validate if an ISAN exist
- JSON list: how to handle the first element "java.util.ArrayList" ?
- ISAN API active documentation (Swagger).