A new ISAN System has been released in 2020, involving a complete change of the web interface, the servers and the system architecture. The ISAN API has not been changed so far, instead, it was unplugged from the old system and plugged on the new system.
The API URL need to be updated to https://api.isan.org/api/ in all applications implemented prior the new ISAN System 2020 release.
Since the ISAN metadata schema has been updated in the new ISAN System, there are compatibility issues with some API services: Major issues are on the ISAN version schema and Serial Headers (renamed Series record).
With the support of concerned API users and until the new API 3.0 is released, some limitations have been set on the ISAN API:
- Registration of Serial Headers has been disabled
- No VersionType returned for version lookups: (only the StatusType is returned)
- The Matching Service and Update Service have been disabled
The Search and Lookup and work registration services are operational with the following limitations:
- The ISAN Version search (V-ISAN) is disabled.
- Only search for Works is possible at the moment, i.e. Serial Headers, Episodes and Single works.
The beta version of API 3.0 is currently in test, a first stable version is expected in production in May 2021. Learn more about ISAN API 3.0 and start testing it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.