All ISAN applicants must apply first in an ISAN registration agency to be recognised as a valid registrant in the ISAN system. Applicants can choose their registration agency from list of appointed ISAN Registration Agencies and have the right to change later for another agency. However, one can only be registered in a single registration agency at the time.
ISAN registration agencies are appointed by ISAN International Agency based, among others, on their proximity with local ISAN registrants, i.e. producers, their representatives and other content owners. Agencies know well the local industry and local productions, they deliver ISAN services in local language and can usually also communicate in English.
- When an ISAN registration agency is operating in the country of the applicant, we strongly recommend to select this agency.
- When no registration agency is appointed in the country of the applicant, users will select the appointed registration agency that best fits to their expectation ( proximity, language, pricing, currency, service offer, etc...). Alternatively, users can choose the Transitory Registration Agency (TRA), an international registration agency operated in Switzerland by ISAN International Agency to deliver basic services only in countries where no agency is appointed so far. See also How to obtain an ISAN when there is no registration agency in my country?
Registration Agencies are all independent and distinct not for profit associations with their own local service offer and pricing set on a strict cost recovery principle as imposed by ISO.
For applying to an ISAN registration agency, users need to fill and submit the ISAN registrant application form available on the web site of each registration agency. By signing the application form, applicants agree on the ISAN registrant Terms and Conditions
- list of appointed registration agencies (click on the agency name for contact details)
- How to obtain an ISAN when there is no registration agency in my country?
- Where can I order ISAN codes and how much does it cost?
Article is closed for comments.