ISAN was created by the audiovisual industry to meet the requirements of the digital shift. It offers tremendous benefits in the administration of rights and reports, sales forecast, payments, consolidated audience, … especially in the context of a very fragmented digital distribution on various distribution channels and markets.
- Keep track: ISAN helps you keep track of your productions from development through production and distribution to viewing – amidst millions of AV works, a global marketplace, and an ever-increasing array of distribution platforms.
- Simplify data management: ISAN ensures improved accuracy of data at every required granularity, simplifies database searches and data exchange, eliminates language barriers, and reduces transaction costs. ISAN is a key to automation.
- Collect royalties: A growing number of collecting societies around the world use ISAN for processing royalties. In some cases it is mandatory for releasing royalties such as in France, Spain or Belgium.
- Enhance digital content protection: ISAN is not an anti-counterfeiting tool, but it helps such tools to identify with certainty the content that is protected. ISAN is notably used in the Blu-ray disk copy protection system and is compliant with major digital fingerprint and watermating systems. Also, ISAN helps content owners to track and monitor illegal uploads on YouTube or Daylimotion.
- Streamline library: Production companies report that ISAN is a great tool in managing their catalogue of AV works with all the various distribution versions.
- Enhance identification: An identifier with a central global registry eliminates uncertainty when several works or versions have the same title or characteristics.
- Enables automation: Users can connect their information system to the ISAN Registry through the ISAN REST API, enabling every stakeholders of the value chain to manage efficiently their content and use the ISAN public standard identifier in automated transactions.
Article is closed for comments.